- Fixing device that enables you to install a fully glazed window in 5 minutes
- Fits between frame and masonry
- No drilling
- No plastering
- No de-glazing on site
- What is a 'Snapper'
- A stainless spring-steel fixing with angled serrated tongues, which is fixed to the frame itself during manufacture
- It can be used with UPVC, timber,or aluminium frames. Drilling through the frame into the masonry is not necessary, the window is installed fully glazed
- Snapper will bite into all building materials
- What about expansion
- The Snapper is a double spring and will allow expansion and contraction without releasing its grip on the surrounding material
- The Snapper will adjust for frame-to-masonry tolerances of 1mm to 15mm
- How does a 'Snapper' work
- Located on the frame, the serrated tongues allow the frame to be pushed into place, but act as a reversed anchor, and resist movement in the opposite direction
- Fitting the window literally takes 5 minutes
- Seal in the normal way then on to the next installation
- How strong is 'Snapper'
- Made of austenetic stainless spring steel to BS5770 compression and hard rolled with a tensile strength of approx. 80 tonnes per sq. in.
- The Snapper will survive a lateral pull on a frame of over 5 tonnes